Wednesday, June 10, 2009

#5, just one more to go...


Number five on my list of 6 amazing things that are going to happen this year is coming tomorrow, in the form of a dog.  I have wanted my own dog for as long as I can remember, but a lot of apartments in LA either don't accept dogs, or charge a huge fee to have a dog in your place.  Now that Adam and I own our own place, our first priority was to get a dog.  We went to a rescue group to meet a number of dogs this morning.  I sat down to play with them, and one came running up to me and plopped herself in my lap.  She chose me, and I chose her back.  She's a 5 month old terrier mix and her name is Pickle.  The rescue group is dropping her off at my place tomorrow, and I couldn't be happier.  As Adam and I drove away from the rescue place, I started to cry, because my dream of owning my own dog has been years in the making.

2 comments:

hub of the house said...

omg! PICKLE! she is adorable! I got a puppy, Walter, 2 months ago and it is the BEST!! check out Walter's blog! www.iheartwalter.blogspot.com

hub of the house said...

so WHAT WILL BE 6????